This morning we woke up and headed to American Fork for Dixie to have her surgery. Of course I woke up really around 4am stressed about not waking up on time. It took me until 4:45 to fall back asleep until 6. I got up and showered and ready to go. Dixie was up at about 6:15 but I held off until I was ready to go and get her. We got her all dressed and headed out the door.
We got to the hospital at about 7:10 and they called us back at about 7:30. We got her stripped down to the diaper, a gown put on her that was about 5 sizes too big so she didn't care for that, and then her set up. We had a few doctors come in, several nurses and by 7:50 the nurse asked her if she could take her and my daughter didn't hesitate. Of course that always makes me nervous that she goes with complete strangers so easily. We need to start on stranger danger.
I was sitting there for about 10-15 minutes and her doctor came back to tell me how it went. She was in recovery waking up. Fortunately she didn't have an infection (which can cause blockage for the tubes) but did have fluid. We have drops to put in for 3 days and then she's set. Now the drops will work if she has any more infections so I don't have to get her on antibiotics all the time anymore. We were sharing a room and the baby came back before Dixie and he was not happy. He was crying and carrying on quite a bit. I felt bad for the guy and his mom. She seemed stressed. So I was mentally preparing myself for Dixie to come back worse than that. Luckily that boy was gone before she came back in. And when she did, I didn't know they were even coming. She was laying on the nurses shoulder just sucking her thumb. He handed her to me and I had Nana's blanket waiting. I wrapped her up and we rocked for a bit. She got some apple juice and we just rocked until the nurse was done with all the paperwork. Once she was done she explained that Dixie might be drowsy today and that I just need to keep an eye on her. Well, she didn't fall asleep on the way home and wasn't drowsy all morning. I knew she was tired after lunch so I am able to write this because she is down for a nap. But honestly, one wouldn't know she had surgery today. She's as wild as ever. I am proud of how well she handled the anesthesia and grateful. We went to see Grandma and Grandpa, had lunch with my friend Stephanie, and now we're napping. Well she's napping and I am hoping to also get a little nap in myself. But that's that. I'm terrible at taking pictures so we don't have any, but at least I have the memory down.
No comments:
Post a Comment