Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Update

It's funny how you can be checking everyone else's blogs, thinking, why don't they update? I want to know what's happening with them. Low and behold it's been like 6 weeks since I updated mine. Nice to get a friendly reminder from Sar to update it so she can stalk me. :)

Life seems to be slowing down to what will be a normal pace for a while. Being the YW President definitely keeps me busier than before, but I think we are getting into a groove. I have an awesome presidency and a very supportive husband and therefore, things are moving along. I am learning to delegate more so I'm not doing everything and low and behold...things are much less stressful than before. Paul is good to give me little pep talks and when I follow his advice it seems things go better. He must be my best friend or something and know me pretty well. :)

For those of you that don't know, Dixie has been sick off and on for most of her life. She gets colds and every cold turns into an ear infection. This year alone she has had 6 ear infections. That means she's been on antibiotics 6 different times in about 8 months. Her last ear infection we took her to an after hours clinic. That doctor recommended tubes. She explained a bit about it and recommended an ENT for us to go see. I debated, did a lot of research online about tubes, asked a lot of people about tubes, and finally decided to go see an ENT. Of course the ENT everyone recommended doesn't take our insurance. So we had to go with someone else. I heard and read some horror stories about this guy and his office staff, but heard he was good at what he did. I figure I will sacrifice good bedside manner for a great doctor. We had an appointment this week to consult. I met with his PA and was impressed with both him and the office staff. Dixie did great! Usually when we weigh her we have to be weighed and then hold her to get the weight. We did that and then she wanted to stand on the scale all by herself! She's getting so big and more and more independent. It's fun to see. The PA went through the process and why she needs them really well. I asked all my questions and felt good about moving forward. The doctor's scheduler is out of town for a week so we won't schedule until next week.

Not much else is new with us, except of course FOOTBALL SEASON! We're excited this season with Oklahoma and Alabama ranked so high. We hope it stays that way!


Showing our Bama and Sooner Pride!

2 comments:

Sarah Davlantis said...

Thanks for the update! ;). I'm sorry about Dixie's ears but glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will be thinking and praying for you! Love & miss you!

Nelka said...

I must be really out of the loop. I didn't even know you were the YW President. That must be a challenging position. As first counselor I feel overwhelmed at times, but I know I don't do half of what our President does. I'm sure you are doing a great job. Sorry that Dixie keeps getting ear infections. I had so many that I had to get my ears drained a few times and then got tubes and that really seemed to do the trick. I hope that is the case with Dixie, and that it goes really well for her.
By the way, I will be in town the first part of October for a few days and I'd love to see you. :)